08 February 2010, it was a snowing day. Northern Line was having signal failure and the tube was delayed. I was stuck in the underground and late to the preparation of our 4th workshop.
Luckily, with the team work spirit of our volunteers, we got to prepare everything before the participants come.
Plain flour is one of the most important ingredient to make dumplings.
For Chinese, using Chives and meat as filling for the dumplings is very common. It also has the meaning of bring prosperity.
Same as the previous workshop, we started with the history part.
Everyone is so concentrating in listening Mr Tony talking history about dumplings. After the presentation of Chinese New Year custom, its time for some hands on activities.
The chef: heheee… it’s my show time now!
Everyone is so concentrating to make a nice dumpling.
I was walking around to make sure everyone is Okay. ^.^ Hope no one feel left out.
After almost one hour………
Taa Dang~~~~ dumplingsssss
While I was cooking the dumplings, we had a small quiz. It’s time to see who was day-dreaming during Tony’s presentation. hahaaa….
Well, the questions were not hard if our participants pay attention during the workshop.
Congratulation to the winning team ^.^ I hope you all like the prize. Btw, how’s the taste of the sweets (prize)? Hope you guys like strawberry flavour. XD
It’s time to taste our dumplings~~~
The dumplings were a little salty X( Sorry… but I still hope that you all like it! Because it’s hand-made… it’s precious ^^
Our 2 lucky participants who got the dates inside the dumplings. Both you must have a very good luck this year. ^^ I put 3 dates in 3 dumplings, should be one more lucky participant. I think some one ate the date without knowing it. XD
This workshop is our last workshop for age 16-25. So, we award those participants who participate 2 workshops or more with our nicely printed and nicely designed certificate.
Winh, one of our designer, is looking at his works.
Yan, Congratulation and Thank You!! *Hugs Hugz* Thank you for being our die-heart fans and attended all the workshops.
Its really sad to tell that this is our last workshop for Taste of Happiness project. There’s a Chinese saying, 天下无不散之筵席. It means, all good things must come to the end. I believe we will still meet up some days in some event.
Well, before we say good bye to each other, lets have a group picture.
The serious ones… continue with the FUNNY ones XD
Finally, I wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year. Gong Xi Fatt Chai~~~~~
You may find this post at http://tasteofhappinessproject.blogspot.com/2010/02/workshop-4-dumplings.html

2 comments:
那个珲春出自谁的手笔?
很有意义的大学生活喔!羡慕死人。
ET,我的!哈哈哈!!献丑啦~
生活还算有意义。不过,不在是大学生活咯!我已经毕业了啦~
Post a Comment